Venus Mini Helicopter
No items matching your keywords were found.
Trivia Quiz for Science Junkies
Ok, I admit it, I am a science junkie.Â Iâ€™m not really smart enough to understand all of the stuff I read, but I still find it fascinating.Â It probably goes hand in hand with being a lover of science fiction.Â
When you think about it though a lot of the latest science news reads like science fiction.Â Recently Iâ€™ve read about how scientists have successfully created a rudimentary invisibility cloaking device, mounted mini video cameras on beetles and can remote control their flight by putting electrodes in their brains, and that kind of thing.
Just a few days ago I read about a successful first step for a space elevator.Â Some company was able to build a small elevator that climbed a one mile long cable dangled from a helicopter powered by a laser beam directed at it from the ground two miles below the helicopter.
So for no other reason than I feel like it, here is a science trivia quiz for all of you science junkies.
- How fast--in miles per hour---do the fastest messages transmitted by the human nervous system travel?
Â A: 180 to 200 miles per hour.
- What temperature does the tungsten filament in an electric light reach when the light is turned on?
Â A: 2,577 Degrees C, or 4,664 degrees F.
- What percentage of the average human brain is water?
Â A: 80 percent.
- What do the letters represent in the acronym DNA -- the protein substance inside each cell that transmits genetic information from parent to child?
Â A: Deoxyribonucleic acid.
- How long does a nanosecond last?
Â A: one billionth of a second.
- How may different chemical reactions occur in the normal human brain every second?
Â A: At least 100,000.
- How long is a day on Mars?
Â A: 24 hours, 37 minutes and 22 seconds.
- How many calories are consumed during an hour of typing?
Â A: 110-- just 30 more an hour thanÂ while sleeping.
- Before the barometer was discovered, what animal did German meteorologists use to predict air pressure changes?
Â A: The frog. Frogs croak when the pressure drops.
- How much further from Earth does the moon's orbit move every year?
Â A: About 1.5 inches. The moon has been inching away from Earth for billions of years.
- By definition, what is the lifting capacity of one unit of horsepower?
Â A: The ability to raise 33,000 pounds one foot high in one minute.
- What synthetic fabric, introduced in the 1970s, is made of Teflon?
Â A: Gore-Tex.
- What was a 13.5-carat diamond used for on the Pioneer 2 space probe to Venus in 1978?
Â A: Instrument-viewing ports. It was the only substance that was both transparent to infrared light and also able to withstand the red--hot heat and tremendous pressure of the Venusian atmosphere.
- What altitude does a vehicle have to exceed for its pilot and passengers to be officially recognized as spacemen?
Â A: According to NASA 400,000 feet, or 75-1/4 miles, above the earth.
- Q: What do you call a substance containing only one kind of atom?
Â A: An element.
- Q: What elementary particle's antiparticle is the positron?
Â A: The electron.
- Q:Â What theory of physics proposes that energy is not transferred continuously but in discrete amounts>
Â A:Â The quantum theory.
- What radioactive element is extracted from carnotite and pitchblende?
Â A: Uranium.
- What suntan lotion was developed by Dr. Ben Green in 1944 to protect pilots who bailed out over the Pacific?
Â A: Coppertone.
- What's short for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation"?
Â A: Laser.
About the Author
Fun Trivia Quiz - Questions & Answers: Fun Science Trivia
Fun interesting trivia for the whole family: Free Science Trivia
Wide variety of fun free trivia: Science Trivia Questions
RC Venus Mini Helicopter
New VENUS 331 Cobra 3ch RC mini Helicopter w/Gyro
This palm-sized mini helicopter is designed for anyone over 8 years. The helicopter features an LED strobe light, and incorporates an auto stability system to make this chopper easy to operate both indoors and outside in calm conditions. The mini chopper comes assembled and ready to fly with an innovative pre-installed two channel proportional wide beam infrared control system. This mini helicopte...
LB1 High Performance New 14 Pcs Ulitmate Professional Precision Screwdrivers Repair Tool Kit for Hobby RC New VENUS 331 Cobra 3ch RC mini Helicopter w/Gyro with Aluminum Case
When you need High Quality Tools Kit to repair your RC Hobbies, you need the High Professional Quality of LB1 High Performance Ultimate Professional Tool Kit Set for Hobby RC 14-Piece Precision Screwdrivers Repair Tool Set w/ Aluminum Case. It is the most cost effective Hobby RC Repair Tools Kit available on the market today. Compatible for all RC hobbies:Cars | Helicopters | Tanks.Item Size:9.6 x...
LB1 High Performance New 10 Pcs Ulitmate Professional Precision Screwdrivers Repair Tool Kit for Hobby RC New VENUS 331 Cobra 3ch RC mini Helicopter w/Gyro with Canvas Bag
When you need High Quality Tools Kit to repair your RC Hobbies, you need the High Professional Quality of LB1 High Performance Ultimate Professional Tool Kit Set for Hobby RC 10-Piece Precision Screwdrivers Repair Tool Set w/ Aluminum Case. It is the most cost effective Hobby RC Repair Tools Kit available on the market today. Compatible for all RC hobbies:Cars | Helicopters | Tanks.Package contain...